What are Team Placements?
Team Placements are a very simple evaluation of skills; therefore, if you have competitive experience or you’re just brand new, United has a team for your age and ability level! Ninety-five percent of the Team Placements, Parent Meetings, and etc. are all formalities that take time to complete. Therefore, we can accomplish all these “formalities” while we are getting back up to speed.
What are the alternative methods (Video) for 2020-21 Team Placements?
- In-Person” Team Placements on May 8 & 9, 2020 at United Cheerleading
- Team Placements are VERY relaxed. We evaluate the student’s current skills and place him/her on a team based off skill set and age. We will assess the students in groups of 15-20, so it only takes about 25 minutes to complete the process. It is a very relaxed atmosphere the entire time!
- Video Submission before May 7, 2020
- Please select HERE for video submission guidelines.
- One on one evaluation before May 7, 2020
- You are more than welcome to set up a private evaluation. Please contact Mandy at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a day and time. The evaluation process will only take 10-15 minutes.
What if I (parent) want a coach to evaluate my child “in-person”?
- Perfectly fine! We have the following options:
- Regular Team Placements on May 8 & 9, 2020 at United Cheerleading.
- One on one evaluation before May 7, 2020.
What happens after May 8 & 9, 2020?
- May 2020
- We will post the results on our website before midnight on Sunday, May 10, 2020. This will also include practice days/times, choreography dates, and parent meeting dates/times.
- Parent meetings will start May 11, 2020 and we will post dates and times closer to Team Placements. We are planning to post an online version of our parent meeting. However, if permissible, we will conduct “in-person” parent meetings.
- ***Squad practices will start the week of May 18, 2020, with the assumption that there is not a specific ordinance in place. If there is, we have several options to accomplish our practices (i.e. splitting the team into two different practices, utilizing morning time frames, and etc.)
- June 2020
- Contracts, Team Member Sheet, and Vacation Schedules are due June 1, 2020
- Competition schedule will be released at the end of June
- July 2020
- Choreography for regular teams
- August 2020
- Choreography for prep teams
- Skill development for all teams
- September – November
- Skill and routine development for all teams
- December 2020
- Competitions begin for regular teams
- January – April
- Competitions for Prep and Regular teams
- End of season banquet at the end of April
Do you have any videos of Competitive All-Star Cheerleading?
- Absolutely! All of our videos from our past season can be found here.
How old does my child have to be?
The All-Stars program ranges from ages 4 to 18 years old.
Will my child make a team, even though he/she has never cheered before?
Yes. The All-Star program has ALL levels from our PREP TEAMS to elite. Every person will be placed on a team. We will teach your child everything!
What will my child have to do at Team Placements?
Team Placements are VERY relaxed. We evaluate the student’s current skills and place him/her on a team based off skill set and age. We will access the students in groups of 15-20, so it only takes about 25 minutes to complete the process. It is a very relaxed atmosphere the entire time!
What do we do if we cannot make the Team Placement dates?
Email Mandy at email@example.com and she will set you up a day/time for an evaluation.
How much does it cost for Team Placements?
Nothing! United’s Team Placements are free!
What if my child has higher tumbling skills than what team he/she is placed on?
- We will be more than happy to reevaluate the athlete.
How much does this competitive All-Star program cost?
Two fees are involved: Monthly coaching fees and competition fees (Python Account). Monthly coaching fees are $110.00/month (Prep Teams $65). Competition fees range between $60-$140, depending on which competitions United attends. United normally attends 6-7 competitions per year. Usually one competition per month. Here’s a break down of last year’s fees.
Are there fundraisers?
Absolutely! Last season alone, All-Stars raised over $65,000!!!
Between corporate sponsorships and other organized fundraisers the All-Star shouldn’t have any problems paying for his/her season.
Are scholarships available?
Yes. United Cheerleading will issue six $500 scholarships per season.
When can we start the corporate sponsor fundraising plan?
A soon as you login to your online Python Account, you can start the plan. The letter is posted in your online account.
What is choreography?
Choreography is the elements that make up a 2 – 2.5 minute routine that emcompasses jumps, stunting, tumbling, dance and etc. The choreography is normally taught on a one to three day format over the summer. Exact dates will be listed shorty after Team Placements.
When will we compete?
The competition season runs from December-April.
Prep Teams competition season runs from January-April.
Note – We will not know exact competition dates until mid-June. This is due to the fact that event producers will not release dates and pricing until this time.
Do we get a trial period?
Yes, each All-Star will get a two week trial period. Please note: Coaching Fees are prorated for May.
What is included in the All-Stars' monthly coaching fees?
Two 1.5 hour squad practices and one optional All-Star tumbling class per week.
Prep Teams will have 2 one hour practices per week.
Are the parents allowed to watch practices?
Absolutely! United highly encourages the parents to come in and support his/her child.
What are Prep Teams?
Prep Teams are designed for individuals that have no experience and want to try out All-Stars with less time and financial involvement.
What are the differences between Prep Team and Regular All-Stars?
The main difference between the two is the less involvement from a financial and time standpoint. From a routine standpoint, the routines are shorter and limited skill wise for safety and etc.
Best Coaching, Most Affordable, Longest Running and Most Successful program in the Valley Area!